With a second location in Warman, Synergy Strength and Conditioning is the home of CrossFit, Weightlifting, Sports Therapy and Sports Performance in The Saskatoon, Warman & surrounding area.
Synergy Strength and Conditioning offers a wide variety of fitness classes, workout and personal training options. Synergy Strength and Conditioning are Trusted Saskatoon CrossFit, Strength and Fitness Pros! Chad is the owner of Synergy Strength, he grew up in small-town and pursued his love of fitness at the University of Saskatchewan graduating with a degree in Kinesiology. Chad always dreamt of a different approach to Health, Fitness, and Sport that took into consideration the 4 pillars of success; Community, Family, Trust and Work. In Chad's latest tip, he shares the benefits of saunas!
1. Supercharge your cell power. Heat has been proven to positively impact your mitochondria, the ‘batteries’ powering your cells, helping your body naturally produce more energy and stay fit.
2. Slow down Father Time (aka aging!). Cell regeneration means you slow the aging process.
3. Detoxify heavy metals and chemicals. Everyday exposure to potentially toxic heavy metals through a variety of sources means even the most health-conscious people still have toxins in the body. Regular sauna bathing helps excrete toxins such as arsenic, cadmium, lead, and mercury.
4. Make your heart happy and healthy. A 2018 study found that sauna bathing four to seven times per week reduces the risk of death from cardiovascular disease by as much as 58%.
5. Reduce blood pressure. Sauna heat helps widen blood vessels and improve circulation, which reduces blood pressure.
6. Optimize athletic performance. Blood flow improvements from hyperthermic conditioning (heat conditioning) send more blood to the heart, leading to an increase in plasma and red blood cell volume. That process delivers more oxygen throughout the body, fueling athletic performance.
7. Improve muscle function and recovery. As more blood flow and oxygen is delivered throughout the body, muscles increase in size and muscle breakdown is diminished. One study showed that two, one-hour sauna sessions for seven days straight increase production of the human growth hormone (HGH) by two to five times.
8. Fuel weight loss. Regular sauna use is shown to regulate the appetite, increase metabolism, and improve oxygen utilization, helping to fuel weight loss along with a reduction in body fat.
9. Boost brain function. The brain-derived neurotrophic factor or BDNF increases with regular sauna use, activating the growth of new brain cells, better maintaining existing cells, and improving neuroplasticity, the brain’s process for forming new neural connections.
10. Ignite your immune system. Heat exposure from sauna use increases the heat shock protein, stimulating antigen-presenting cells, along with releasing cytokine, thus stimulating the body’s natural immune system.
11. BONUS BENEFIT: improve emotional health and mood. When your body and brain are healthy, detoxified, and destressed, and you’ve boosted endorphins, your overall mood and emotional health improve.
“Working Hard Together!”
You can read more glowing client testimonials and see all programs and services they offer by checking out the Synergy Strength and Conditioning listing by clicking here.