Reed Security believes when you become a client you will be entering into a relationship – one they want to grow and become long term...they work hard to meet all your Saskatoon Alarm & security needs from day one!
REED SECURITY are Trusted and they are recipients of 2 x 2012 SABEX AWARDS - these Saskatoon Chamber of Commerce awards recognize excellence in business.
Here they share Holiday Security Tips:
THESE HOLIDAY SECURITY TIPS COULD SAVE YOU SOME HEADACHES!
Social Media is a great way to keep in touch with friends and family, but don't forget it's very public. Thieves also like reading about your vacation plans and can often track down your address.
AVOID POSTING: "packing for the trip", "just got to lake", or "just landed", etc. or photos of your new big screen TV and PS4
Break'in's rarely occur when you are at home - so in addition to arming your Reed Security alarm system you will want to make it look like you are still there.
- Cancel the newspaper
- Have someone shovel your driveway
- Have someone pick up your mail
- Park an unused vehicle in the driveway
- Install exterior motion lights (and make sure you test them)
- Install timers for interior lights
- Consider ALARM.COM Interactive Services. Control your lights, locks, blinds, temperature, and video cameras remotely
For even more helpful tips visit reedsecurity.com
Did You Know: A monitored Reed Security alarm system with 24/7 Rapid Response Monitoring will decrease the odds of having a break-in by nearly 400%.
Save Up to $729 with our $5 a Month 24/7 Monitoring Promo
Save Up to $729 with our $5 a Month 24/7 Monitoring Promo
For more information and or to speak with a Security Specialist Click Here or call us:
Prince Albert 306.922.7200
Find Reed Security online at www.reedsecurity.com or check out their listing here in the SASKATOON ALARM & SECURITY Category on THE Saskatoon directory of excellence. Virgil Reed and his team are YOUR Trusted SASKATOON ALARM & SECURITY experts right here in Saskatoon!
Saskatoon Directory in our Trusted Saskatoon Financial Services category
YEAR-END TAX PLANNING CHECKLIST:
Financial planning is time sensitive. While the following list is not exhaustive, here are some items that must be considered, incurred or paid prior to year-end in order to be included in your 2014 tax return.
Prior to December 24, 2014:
Put tax loss selling strategies to work by following these steps:
- Calculate the capital gains that you have realized for 2014.
- Identify and sell investments that are in a loss position. Trades entered by December 24th will settle funds in the account prior to December 31st.
- Net your capital losses against capital gains on your 2014 tax return. Note:
If your spouse has unrealized capital losses, extra steps can be taken to incorporate them in your tax planning. In all cases, you should be aware of the superficial loss rules when employing these strategies.
Prior to December 31, 2014:
- Make charitable donations. Donating qualifying securities instead of cash can increase your tax savings.
- Contribute to your child’s RESP/RDSP.
- Withdraw funds from a TFSA, if needed. Any withdrawals will increase your contribution room in 2015.
- Withdraw funds from your RRSP if you are in a low tax rate for the 2014 tax year.
- If you are age 71 this year, you must convert your RRSP to a RRIF. Consider the following:
- Use your younger spouse’s age for minimum payment calculations.
- Make an advance contribution to your RRSP for earned income from this year.
- Pay all tax deductible expenses.
- If you are a trustee of a testamentary trust, consider triggering income (like capital gains) before the end of the year as income retained inside the trust will be taxed at the highest marginal tax rate starting in 2016.
- Stock Option Rules – Special Relief: If your taxes are higher than the proceeds upon the sale of your shares following the exercise of your stock options, there is some relief if you sell the shares prior to 2015 and make a proper election prior to December 31st, 2014.
- If you are selling the assets of your corporation, be sure to complete the transaction by December 31st, 2014. the tax treatment on the sale of eligible capital property will be changing in 2015.
- Consider paying an employee a non-cash gift or award of up to $500. This amount may be deductible to you and non-taxable to the employee. For January 2015: Remember to pay interest on prescribed rate loans (e.g. spousal loans) prior to January 30th.
- You have until March 2nd, 2015 to make your RRSP or a spousal RRSP contribution, and deduct the amount on your 2014 (subject to your RRSP contribution limits) tax return.
Ongoing reporting obligations:
- If you hold foreign property with a cost base greater than $100,000, file the Foreign Income Verification Statement (CRA Form T1135). As of June 2014, new rules apply to disclosure of this information.
- If you are a U.S. Person for tax purposes, understand your IRS reporting requirements. U.S. Persons (even those who are resident in Canada) have tax reporting requirements in the U.S. For example, U.S. persons are required to report any holdings in Passive Foreign Investment Companies (PFICs).
Note: Beginning in 2014, Canadian financial institutions are required to report certain information on U.S. persons as a result of the U.S. Foreign Account Tax Compliance Act (FATCA).
New tax measures:
Family Tax Cut – Income Splitting:
- In the October 2014 Federal Tax Update a new non-refundable tax credit of up to $2,000 was introduced for eligible couples with minor children. The new credit will be effective for the 2014 and subsequent tax years.
Child Care Expenses and The Universal Child Care Benefit:
- Effective 2015 there will be an increase in the Child Care deduction by $1,000. The Universal Child Care Benefit (UCCB) will also increase to $160 per month for children under the age of six, and $100 per month for those ages six to sixteen. As a result of the UCCB changes, the Child Amount Tax Credit is being repealed in 2015.
We recommend you discuss these strategies with your professional investment, tax and legal advisors prior to implementation to ensure they fit.
The Trusted Saskatoon directory team are thrilled to welcome BACK Just For You Day Spa to the Saskatoon directory of excellence as a Trusted Saskatoon Spa!
Just in time for Christmas, we welcome Jess Tetu and the Just For You Day Spa Saskatoon team back to the Trusted Saskatoon community. The Trusted team guarantee if you are looking for that extra special Christmas gift for a special person in your life, that a Gift certificate to Just For You day Spa will be a very much appreciated surprise, and that person will have a wonderful experience at this Trusted Saskatoon spa!
Just For You opened in 1993, as a one room aesthetic studio and has grown over the years to feature over 2700 square feet of tranquil space, on 2 floors. In June of 2007, Jessica Tetu the current owner ( pictured) took over as owner and director of the spa & studio after approximately 7 years as spa manager, and with her team of dedicated professionals, has revitalized the facilities as well as all of the treatments to provide a more tranquil spa experience.
Jessica leads her team from the front, she is an impressive business women and was recognized by the Saskatchewan Chamber of Commerce as the recipient of the ABEX Awards 2014 Young Entrepreneur of the year for her achievements. She also won 'Planet S Best of Saskatoon Spa' 2014. Jessica runs 2 huge spas in Saskatchewan ( Saskatoon & Regina ), as well as creating and marketing her own skin care line Lia Reese ( which is AMAZING) AND the Lia Reese Academy, and she does it all extremely well!
Jess truly believes by providing the best service and the most relaxing and enjoyable customer experience is the key to her success, and she certainly knows how to do both!
Here are some client testimonials
" The moment I walk through the door of Just For You I feel calm and relaxed and excited for whatever treatment I have booked. I am a HUGE fan of the pedicures and bi-annually my sister and I book ourselves in with a couple friends and a bottle of bubbly and enjoy being pampered in good company. The ultimate pampering experience are the body treatments and facials! Anything that involves massage, count me in. I can't recommend Just For You Day Spa enough, and have gotten several family and friends hooked as well!" - Lisa Pierce
Go see for yourself we know you will feel the same way , Just For You Day Spa Saskatoon are a Trusted Saskatoon Spa
Trusted Saskatoon Insurance experts!
SGI's New Legal Expense Insurance Is Included In Your Policy:
All SGI Canada Home Pak, Mobile Pak, Tenant Pak, Condominium Unit Owner's Pak, and Prestige insurance policies have automatically been updated to include SGI's new Legal Expense Insurance. This new coverage comes at no extra fee and is now standard on all previously listed SGI Canada policies. Having one of these SGI Canada policies now covers you for:
Automatic Coverage for Legal Costs:
You will be automatically covered for lawyers fees (and other legal costs), for the following:
- Contract Disputes - arising from you buying or selling goods or obtaining services.
- Property Protection - pursuing a claim if a neighbor damages your property or interferes with the use of your land.
Free Legal Advice Hotline 1-855-953-1430
You will also have access to a free telephone legal advice helpline. There are limits to which disputes your insurance will pay for, but no limits on free advice from a lawyer, about any legal subject under the sun. Just ask!
What else might you be covered for?
Depending on which insurance policy you have, your legal costs may be covered for the following:
- disputes with an employer relating to employment contracts and severance;
- pursuing a claim for damages following an accident which causes your injury or death;
- responding to a tax audit/appealing a Canada Revenue Agency decision for personal tax returns;
- defending criminal charges laid against you arising from your work as an employee; and
- disputes relating to your purchase, sale, lease, rental and service of an insured vehicle.
The decision to purchase your home is one of the most important decisions you will ever make, and will also be one of your largest investments. Done right, it can also be one of the most exciting and fulfilling times in your life! Kari Calder a saskatoon Realtor with Century 21 Fusion is there to help you through the process, and provide you and your family with the peace of mind that comes with knowing that you have a realtor working with your best interests in mind.