Reed Security believes when you become a client you will be entering into a relationship – one they want to grow and become long term... they work hard to meet all your Saskatoon Alarm & security needs from day one! Reed Security are Trusted Saskatoon Alarm and Security Experts.
Trusted Saskatoon Security Experts REED Security Talk Doorbell Security Cameras
See and Hear Visitors at Your Front Door
Your front doorway is a busy place. With visitors introducing themselves, your kids charging to and from the school bus, packages arriving, and hellos and goodbyes galore, it's hard for you to keep track of everyone who passes through. It's no wonder that doorbell cameras are now a smart home must-have, thanks to their ability to show you who's at the door, no matter where you are. And with a ReedHD™ Doorbell Camera, that's just the start.
Because these doorbell cameras are fully integrated into your smart home security system, they're powered by Alarm.com and able to cooperate with other devices. That gives you and your family more ways to incorporate your doorbell camera into your everyday life.
Answer Your Door From Anywhere
A ReedHD™ Doorbell Camera gives you a safe, smart way to see who's at the door, no matter where you are. When a visitor rings the doorbell, you get an Alarm.com smartphone alert. Open your Alarm.com app and you'll see a video feed of who's there, with a microphone icon that you can press to start a voice conversation through the doorbell.
Although you can see your visitor, they can't see you, and you don't need to indicate whether you're home or not. Given that burglars often ring a home's doorbell before a break-in, this makes your video doorbell a great crime deterrent.
Protect a Package from Thieves
With a smart lock included in your Alarm.com-powered setup, you can go a step further and unlock your door remotely. This is great for protecting valuable deliveries that would otherwise be left on your porch.
If you have a smart lock, you'll see an ‘unlock' icon in your app underneath your doorbell's video feed. Once you've verified the delivery person visually, tap once to unlock your door and ask them to leave the package inside. When they're done, use your app to lock your door and watch them leave.
See and Share Suspicious Activity.
A ReedHD™ Doorbell Camera is also a full smart home security camera, ready to capture and send you footage of suspicious activity in your front yard or porch area.
A visitor to your porch will trigger a motion-activated video recording, even if they don't press the doorbell. You can have these clips delivered to your phone right away, where they're easy to download and forward to your partner, neighbours or local police department.
Keep Up With Your Kids
Crooks and intruders aside, most activity at your front door is ‘good' activity: friends visiting and family arriving home. Reed makes it easy to keep up. It's easy to create a custom doorbell camera alert, triggered by your kids' Alarm.com user codes, that sends you a video clip of your kids arriving home every day. It's a great way to make sure they're home safe and know who they're with. Once the kids know they're on camera, they might even give you a wave.
PS: It's Also a Doorbell
Sometimes, you just need a doorbell. You'll be pleased to hear that a ReedHD™ Doorbell Camera goes above and beyond, with both an audible chime and a special ‘Do Not Disturb' option that parents of young children will love. Instead of waking a napping youngster with an audible chime when pushed, your video doorbell will simply trigger a silent smartphone alert that only disturbs you.
Is it Time For You To Upgrade to a ReedHD™ Doorbell Camera?
When you become a Reed Security client you will be entering into a relationship - one they want to grow and become long-term. Installing a security system will decrease the odds of having a break-in by nearly 400%.
Reed Security is a Multi SABEX AWARD WINNING company and they are TRUSTED SASKATOON ALARM & SECURITY EXPERTS
Reed Security Top Security Tips
All About Theft:
- 66% of break-in's are forced entry and forced entry attempts
- 34% of break-ins are an unlawful entry (without force)
- In 2015, Saskatchewan had 9407 break-in's (180/week) and Alberta had 27,517 break-in's (529/week)
- Break-ins occur in all areas of the City - not just the "bad areas"
- Most Home break-ins occur when you are at work or travelling (daytime)
- Most Business break-ins occur when you are at home (evening and weekends)
- Cabin's and Lake properties are especially attractive
- 98% of break-ins occur through main floor doors and windows (often unlocked)
- Thieves target the Master Bedroom
- Cash and Credit Cards
- Designer clothes and sunglasses
- Electronics such as TV's, Stereos, Computers, Video Game systems, Smartphones and Tablets
- Sporting Goods
- Cars and Trucks or the contents in them
- Building Materials
- Alcohol and Prescription drugs
- Your Identity
How to Prevent Theft
Use Common Sense!
- If you lose a key, get the locks changed.
- Ask all strangers for identification.
- Never hide an extra key outdoor - especially underneath a mat or on top of a light fixture. This is the first place the bad guys look. Leave an extra house key with a friend or a neighbour.
- DO NOT advertise on Facebook or other social media that you are on vacation.
- For insurance purposes take photos of the contents of your home.
- Keep all receipts in a safe and easy to find location.
- Write down the model and the serial number of all electronics.
- Make it Difficult
- Door chains are easy to bypass. Install deadbolts.
- Install a stopper or stick on all sliding doors and windows.
- Install window bars on all basement windows.
- Make sure all doors and windows are properly locked.
- Keep your premises well lit at night.
- Install timers that turn lights on at different times. This gives the appearance that someone is home.
Install a monitored Home Security system and you are 400% less likely to have a break-in.
You will receive up to 25% insurance discount. and optional ALARM.COM with automatic lights.
In case you do have a break-in:
If it looks like a door or window was forced open, DO NOT go inside. The burglar may still be on site.
Call the Police from your cellular phone or from a neighbour's house and wait.
Would you rather partner with a cutting-edge security LEADER that brings the latest and greatest crime-fighting technology back for their Clients? Or would you like to partner with the Dinosaurs that like to FOLLOW?
Every year we head to Vegas to attend ISCWest. With 1000 exhibitors and 30,000 security geeks it's the largest Security Expo in North America.
The near future is all about smart security cameras and video management software with Artificial Intelligence (AI). It's getting close to what you see on TV shows like CSI. One example is Face Appearance Search by Avigilon. The software is so smart it can quickly search for the Face of a Person at a site. In the example below the Avigilon representative chooses a thumbnail image of the person he wants to find and the recorded video with the persons face displays immediately. If you look closely, the person he is looking for is on the far right and has an identification box. This is ideal for high traffic locations such as schools, airports, hospitals, government and office buildings.
Our Sales Manager Ken Spence
checked out the Qolsys IQ2 Smart Security & Automation system. This is by far the SMARTEST home and small business solution we've ever seen. Coming to Reed Security mid 2017.
The Qolsys IQ2 Smart Security & Automation system has a few unique features you will not find on any other system. The built in 5MP camera takes photos every time the system is Armed or Disarmed and e-mails it to you (on DisArm). Coming to Reed Security mid 2017.