Being a Trusted Business on the Trusted Saskatoon Directory of Excellence comes with a lot of responsibility - no other directory, advertising companies, or 'watchdog organization' puts businesses through the ongoing process we do before we promote and endorse them.
Why Choose a Business On the Trusted Saskatoon Directory?
All of the Trusted Saskatoon partners have to pass a unique verification process, they are then annually contracted to uphold our 5 Trusted Guarantees. The partners then become part of a local community of Saskatoon and area businesses that we promote with a strong local marketing campaign. We also have a Trusted MYSTERY SHOPPER PROGRAM. This is where we find and engage with normal everyday people, just like you, who are looking for products and services in Saskatoon and area. We approach individuals we can see are looking for a local business and we ask them to mystery shop Trusted Saskatoon Partners. Those that agree to be Trusted mystery shoppers go about their usual business, except at the end they fill out a report to tell us about the experience. We then share it with you!
Mystery Shop - Western Carpet One Floor & Home
Name of Shopper: KK
1. What was the appearance of the store/showroom?
The showroom is very impressive and I was surprised at how much space and choice I had.
2. Product/industry knowledge of staff?
The sales staff were very helpful and guided me to the best flooring options for the basement reno we are doing.
3. Was the quote well laid out/clear?
4. Overall experience 1-10
5. Would you return as a customer/recommend them to a close friend?
6. Did anyone stand out as exceptional?
Everyone was helpful and friendly - I was impressed that my sales guy was also the installer! Our space has been transformed and the flooring was such a big part of that - we went from beige carpet to this awesome Vinyl plank product
Please share any other comments relating to your experience with the company.
"The installation was great and done very well. Overall, I was happy with my experience and would return."
CONGRATULATIONS on a successful mystery shop, Western Carpet One! We are thrilled to have such amazing flooring retailers like you on our Saskatoon's directory of excellence!
Western Carpet One Floor & Home is a locally owned and operated flooring store servicing Saskatoon and area since 1974. Their stunning showroom offers a comfortable shopping experience for every type of flooring. Whether it is Carpet, Hardwood, Ceramic Tile, Laminate flooring, Cork, Sheet vinyl, or area rugs, you will find it at Western Carpet One Floor & Home a Trusted Saskatoon Flooring Store. In their latest Saskatoon flooring tip, Western Carpet discusses how hardwood is a good option even in Saskatchewan's harsh climate.
Being a business owner in the beautiful Province of Saskatchewan, I am very familiar with the extreme weather challenges that we face throughout the year. Although we are extremely resilient as a society, our homes, and the products we put in them may not always be.
A question we get quite often is “Is hardwood a good option in our climate?”
The answer is YES - but under the right circumstances. The truth is hardwood is a natural product that requires a specific temperature and humidity level to be maintained throughout the year. This can be difficult to manage in Saskatchewan with our very dry winters, humid summers, and rainstorms. Squeaking, gapping, cupping, delaminating, and splitting are all real challenges that present themselves if the right steps are not taken. With that being said, there is a way to put a beautiful hardwood floor in your home.
Why and how hardwood can be a great option in Saskatchewan:
- First and foremost, nothing can replicate the beauty, feel and texture that a real hardwood floor can provide.
- As a granite counter-top can increase the value of your home, so can the flooring you choose. Hardwood instills a value to your property that no other floor can provide. If you look at a realtor’s fact sheet, they will almost always point out if the flooring is a hardwood which creates a real and at times perceived value.
- Maintaining consistent humidity in the home is a must. To do this you need to have a high-quality humidifier installed on your furnace which allows for humidity to flow through your home as the furnace is running. We also recommend running your furnace fan throughout the summer to help with airflow and reduce humidity levels.
- Hardwood flooring has evolved over the years. For example, solid hardwood is less and less a requested product in Saskatchewan with the trend moving towards engineered hardwood. This type of hardwood provides more stability and resiliency in our climate along with longer and wider board lengths.
- The installation of hardwood has also evolved. When a hardwood floor that is wider than 5” is installed, using a glue assist method is a requirement by most manufacturers (here at Western Carpet One, we will do it on all 5” or wider boards for ALL manufacturers). Using a specific type of construction adhesive, a bead of glue is applied under the wood that creates another layer of stability.
- Not all hardwood flooring is made equal. We recommend purchasing your flooring from a reputable retailer that provides reputable brands. The fact is you get what you pay for - as in any industry there is always someone willing to try and make a product cheaper. In many cases to make something cheaper requires that something gets left out. The construction of a quality engineered hardwood is a craft that requires much skill (BUYER BEWARE).
- As not all hardwood is created equal, not all installations are equal. The knowledge and skill of a professional hardwood installer cannot easily be replicated. I recommend choosing a reputable store that can provide you with a warranty and peace of mind that your flooring will be installed as per the manufacturer’s recommendations.
In closing, seek professionals to educate, recommend, and install your hardwood flooring. If done correctly you will have a floor that is natural, beautiful, and timeless. If you are looking for a knowledgeable sales team with top-end products and experienced installers for your next hardwood project then please consider our team at Western Carpet One.
Justin Bussiere - Owner/Operator of Western Carpet One
Western Carpet One Floor & Home is a locally owned and operated flooring store servicing Saskatoon and area since 1974. They are a full-service flooring store. Their stunning showroom offers a comfortable shopping experience for every type of flooring. Whether it is Carpet, Hardwood, Ceramic Tile, Laminate flooring, Cork, Sheet vinyl or area rugs, you will find it at Western Carpet One Floor & Home a Trusted Saskatoon Flooring Store. In their latest Saskatoon flooring tip, Western Carpet share information on the insurance process when it pertains to flooring.
It's important to understand the process and what to expect when dealing with a flooring replacement through your insurance.
When you have an insurance claim, your insurance company will send a sample of your damaged flooring away to accurately determine the value of your replacement product. This testing is done by a company called ICC (Insurance Claim Collaborative Inc).
Once this evaluation is done, it is important that you visit an approved ICC flooring retailer to help facilitate the process of replacing your flooring. Approved ICC flooring retailers, such as Western Carpet One, have specific guidelines to make sure you receive fair replacement value and to protect you from receiving an inferior product. Approved ICC flooring retailers are committed to servicing the unique needs of the policyholder by providing the best service and customer satisfaction commitment. A long-standing relationship between the flooring retailer and ICC and a closely measured performance criteria ensures top quality service.
For more information on insurance flooring replacement, contact Western Carpet One! One of their insurance team members would be happy to assist you.