Great tip on Cuba:
"I have never seen a more beautiful country, with palm leaves so big they can roof a house, with thousands of shells on the beach, with such limpid water, and always the same dizzying symphony of bird songs." Christopher Columbus, 1492
Today, Cuba remains the same beautiful country, with breathtaking scenery and the perfect beaches. A trip to Cuba is like a mini visit around the world. Here you can visit the ruins of French coffee plantations, tour Spanish colonial cities that date back to the 16th century, relax in the European-style spas, and dance to the Afro-Cuban and Latin beats. With an atmosphere like that of New York City, Havana, Cuba's capitol, is a city that moves to the beat of its own rhythm.
Cuba is the largest island in the Caribbean, and offers sun-seekers more than 300 beautifully clean, natural beaches. Caressed by the warm Caribbean waters on the south, and Atlantic ocean on the north, Cuba is blessed with biological richness and incredible diversity of marine species. Four large groups of coral reef are found surrounding the island, these are among the largest and best preserved in the world. Thanks to Cuba's sub-tropical climate, swimming and diving the clear waters are enjoyable all year round.
Whether you're planning a romantic getaway, a family holiday or an urban adventure, one of Cuba's 240 beachside hotels will surely be the perfect place for you. Or, choose to stay in a charming historic building that has been restored to today's modern comforts.
- Cuba averages 330 days of sunshine a year
- Cuba actually posses one of the best health care systems in the world
- schooling, health care, and food are promptly available without cost of any Cuban citizen
- Cuba is made up of over 4,000 islands and cays
- Cuba is the most populated country in the Caribbean, with a population of over 11 million
- Cuba is only 90 miles away from America