Trusted Saskatoon Insurance experts!
Here they share a tip on Condominium Unit Owner's Insurance Options:
As a condominium owner in Saskatchewan it is important to know your insurance options, as even though your condo corporation may have it's own policy to cover the property, common areas, and structure, this will not cover your belongings, improvements you have made to your unit, or personal liability. SGI Canada offers the following Condominium Unit Owner's Pak options.
Condominium Unit Owner's Pak A
Protects your belongings against loss or damage resulting from:
- fire or lightning
- explosion or implosion
- falling objects
- impact by aircraft, spacecraft or land vehicles
- water escape and rupture
- electricity (power surge)
Condominium Unit Owner's Pak I
In additional to Pak A coverage, Pak I also covers:
- glass breakage
- theft, including damage caused by attempted theft
- loss or damage to items being transported, caused by an accident involving the transporting vehicle
Condominium Unit Owner's Pak II
In addition to Pak I, includes comprehensive coverage for yout belongings (subject to certain restrictions).
All packages come with several important features for no additional cost.
Personal liability coverage
Also included with all packages, this coverage protects you in case you're found legally responsible for bodily injury to someone else or for damage to their property. This is a $1 million limit in personal liability coverage to cover:
- court costs, legal fees and certain other expenses associated with your defence in the event of a liability suit
- voluntary medical payments up to $5000 and voluntary property damage payments up to $5000, even if you're not legally liable
Improvements and Betterments Coverage
All SGI Condominium Unit Owner's Paks automatically provide 200% of the belongings amount in coverage for any improvements you make to your condo. You can increase this amount for an additional premium charge.
This provides protection for your unit in the event the condominium corporation's insurance is inadequate.
- Identity Theft Coverage
- Excess Protection - premises improvemnts
- Increased Limits Coverage
- Special Belongings Coverage
- Sewer Backup Coverage
- Voluntary Fire Fighting Coverage
- Watercraft Coverage
- Seasonal Home Coverage
- Rental Home Coverage