WHAT ACTIVITIES ARE BEST FOR YOUR SUMMER LEARNER?
Whether your child loves to read, play outside, or get techy, there are many fun but effective ways to promote learning over the break. Since the summer will be here before you know it, it’s a great idea to start planning now what activities you’ll use to avoid summer learning loss. Our quick tips can help!
Ways to incorporate reading into your summer plans:
- Take a trip to your local library
- Bring a book with you to the park or the beach
- Read a chapter in the morning, when your child is used to learning and before other plans cause distraction
Use these ideas to make reading an enjoyable pastime for both you and your child.
Ways to incorporate physical activity into your summer plans:
- Sign your child up for a team sport
- Encourage learning a new skill such as swimming
- Go on walks and explore your city
Be sure to take advantage of all the different opportunities to get outside and get active.
Ways to incorporate educational technology into your summer plans:
- Challenge your child to a new high score on an educational app
- Start a tech project together – like a toy robotics kit
Teach kids through your own tasks – ie. baking a cake, or fixing a bicycle
Between 65,200 educational apps, various tech-based toys, and even just household activities, there are an endless supply of tech projects to use to encourage summer learning for your child.