Fitness Focus Challenge -Week One
Week one was tough, I went through some pain barriers as my body reacted to the shock of change. It's quite the shift going from a sedentary lifestyle for the last few years, to working out at high intensity for 5 days in the first week. I could barely lift my arms above my waist on Tuesday and forced myself to go jogging on Wednesday, which started the leg soreness that I still have today. I understand why so people give up at this stage. It's much easier to stop as you see very little return for your efforts. However, I know that it is how I react at this stage that will determine my long-term results.
I cheered myself up on Thursday by booking our family trip to the UK at the end of July- so the clock is ticking and if I am to reach my weight and fitness goal I must keep this up. The 10 weeks countdown has begun!
Postive of week 1
- I lost 0.5LB - I fully expected to put weight on, so this is a win!
- My skin looks better
- I have more energy/motivation - even tackled some home organizing tasks I'd been putting off for ages.
- Some extra quality time with my 14-year-old son, as he is joining me at the gym on the weekends.
Negatives from week 1
- Drank too much wine this week - Mothers day and an event or 2
- Stiffness and soreness- my arms ached for the first half of the week and my legs and butt for the rest of the week.
- I feel fat in my work out clothes - I hate the mirrors at the gym!
- Not getting enough sleep.
Week 2 goals
I have a busy week with 2 conferences, moving offices and deadlines that must be met- so I need to ensure I fit in workouts, eat clean, stay away from wine and get more sleep! Wish me luck.