In the Trusted Saskatoon community, we all have our parts to play to ensure we maintain the standards and high level of integrity we promote. To ensure that our partners are upholding these guarantees, we have a MYSTERY SHOPPER PROGRAM, where we ask people in Saskatoon to share their experience by filling out a report to tell us about their experience with a Trusted Saskatoon Partner! Our latest business to be mystery shopped was HomeQuarter Coffeehouse & Bakery Trusted Saskatoon Caterer & Bakery. This particular mystery shop was conducted by twin 11year olds Eden & Esmé who took the mission very seriously! Enjoy!
TRUSTED PARTNER: HomeQuarter
Name of Shoppers: Eden & Esmé T- Aged 11yrs
MYSTERY SHOP CHECKLIST
- How was the greeting/ welcome/ call answered? The man at the counter was very nice and helpful
- Product/industry knowledge of staff? The offered Mom lots of different coffee options, she likes coffee and said it was really good coffee.
- If a quote is required is the quote well laid out/ clear? All the prices were on the menu board above the counter
- Did they ask where you found them? No
- Was the place well presented? clean and tidy? The cafe is very nice inside - they have lots of glass and many different places to sit. There is a place for little kids to play, booths to sit in and even an upstairs part which was more private. They also had lots of places to plug in our chargers so we could use our phone and they had free wifi. It was very clean.
- Overall experience 1-10. 9.5
- Would you return as a customer/ recommend them to close friends? Yes, we have been back and want to go again as there are lots of nice things in the bakery cabinet we would like to try.
- Did anyone stand out as exceptional? If so who? Why – The person that makes the cakes and pastries as they are very very good and the man that made Mom's coffee and our chai lattes is very talented at making nice patterns on top of the drinks. Our Step-Dad tries to do them at home but don't look as nice as the ones at HomeQuarter.
Refer to the Trusted Guarantees- Did they live up to expectations?
- Provide the service and quality promised. - YES
- Complete the job on time. – YES
- Charge the price quoted with NO surprises- YES
- Communicate honestly and be responsive to customer needs- YES
- Resolve any issues with customer satisfaction in mind – Nothing went wrong
Please share any other comments relating to your experience with the company.
"The scone, the cinnamon bun and Mom's sandwhich were all very tasty - the cinnamon bun was the best though, it was perfect. The Chai Latte was the 2nd best we have ever had. My Mom asked what the best was and we told her it was from a little place inside the Farmers Market a while ago . Mom started laughing because this was the place that used to be inside the Farmers Market - so really they have done the 1st and 2nd best chai lattes ever!
HomeQuarter also offer catering - based on what you have tasted would you like HomeQuarter to cater an event for you?
If we had a birthday party that was catered or if we could order from HomeQuarter on Health Hunger at school we would be really excited! We are sure the catering is as good as the food and drink we have had. They are very good at everything they do.
Congratulation Lee, Grace and the team at HomeQuarter! and you have proved once more that you deserve the PROMOTION, ENDORSEMENT and KUDOS that we love to heap upon you. Great Saskatoon and area businesses like yours deserve the promotion
MOST importantly the public in Saskatoon can feel confident that when they choose a Trusted business from The Saskatoon Directory of experts
they will be glad they did!! No risk..no stress...just Trusted businesses at their fingertips waiting to serve them!
Not sure what to serve for your next event or where to have your next meeting, date, breakfast, lunch or coffee? HomeQuarter Coffeehouse & Bakery can accommodate all of the above. This is why the Trusted Saskatoon team is excited to have them join our Trusted Saskatoon community of excellence in the Saskatoon Catering & Bakeries Category!
We all have fond memories of home cooked meals growing up and many of us enjoyed fresh garden produce and preserves too. HomeQuarter Coffeehouse & Bakery is owned and operated by Lee & Grace Whittington, and managed by their youngest son Christopher. The trio offers true homestyle cooking and baking as well as amazing perfectly brewed coffee. Being raised on the farm instilled a love of agriculture and a passion for baking and cooking in the family. The catering side of their business can accommodate up to 150 people, and they also boast a meeting space at the establishment that they rent out for private events.
In 1996, Lee & Grace bought Riverbend Plantation, and now they sell their delicious ( and locally famous) Saskatoon berry preserves at HomeQuarter Coffeehouse & Bakery, along with other locations.
HomeQuarter Coffeehouse & Bakery has had a location in the Saskatoon Farmer's Market for over 9 years and now with their larger location in the Banks Condo Development River Landing they are able to offer more of their amazing services to their customers & clients. You can try many great family recipes like Gramma Jean's butter tarts, carrot cake, cinnamon buns, Cornish pasties, homemade soup and much more. It’s the perfect space to relax — whether you want to read a book by the fire, get cozy or hunker down to do some work in one of the booths, or watch the world go by at the sun-drenched bistro tables on the upper level.
Don't take it from us - read what some of their clients have to say when they shared their experience.
"I have known Grace for over 10 years visiting their location at the farmer's market on many occasions. It's so nice to see that they have opened up a larger location. The atmosphere at HomeQuarter Coffeehouse & Bakery is great! You truly feel at home and not rushed at all. I have always enjoyed their food especially sweets, sandwiches & coffee. I definitely recommend them to all my friends and family." - Kim
"I love the bright and relaxing atmosphere to enjoy their amazing home cooked meals and baking as well as great coffee and service."- Anna
We are proud to promote and give the 'Thumbs Up' to HomeQuarter Coffeehouse & Baker a Trusted Saskatoon caterer and bakery!