The Bridge City Duct Cleaning team know that cleaner air means healthier home, and with many years of experience in the HVAC industry, they are uniquely qualified! Be assured that Bridge City Duct Cleaning truly cares about the condition of your homes air quality as they see it for themselves every day, up close and personal. Bridge City Duct Cleaning is a Trusted Saskatoon Furnace and Duct Cleaning Company.
When is It Time To Clean Your Ducts?
Over time, ducts become littered with foreign objects such as dust, mould, dead insects, dust mites, and animal hair. Unfortunately, people often overlook cleaning their ducts, which can lead to problems.
Consequences Of Dirty Ducts
- Dirt and dust restrict the heating and cooling capability of ducts, which results in increased run time requiring more fuel and energy, therefore costing you more!
- Air flow is restricted, which means the system can’t effectively circulate properly warmed or cooled air throughout your home. Again, this means that more energy will be used.
- As your HVAC system needs to operate longer, it increases the wear and tear of it. This means you’ll need to replace it sooner, which would be a lot more expensive than just getting it cleaned.
- All the dirt and dust that is left in the ducts can become a breeding ground for bacteria, mites and other unwanted pests, which can be detrimental to your health and exacerbate allergies.
- The dirt and dust spreads much quicker around your home with dirty ducts, no matter how much you clean! The contaminants flow from room to room covering anything in their path, such as beds, tables, phones, and children’s toys.
How To Determine If Your Ducts Need Cleaning
You can attempt a visual inspection of the air ducts to help determine whether they need cleaning. However, you must be able to physically access ALL the areas of your HVAC system in order to do this properly. That is why we recommend you getting the professionals in to inspect the system, as with our high-resolution video inspection cameras, we can have a thorough look to determine whether your ducts need cleaning.
Determine The Type & Amount Of Debris Inside Your Ducts
It is inevitable that at some point ducts will get clogged with various types of debris and pollutants. This can consist of pollen, rodent and insect faeces, dust, dust mites, and lint. All of these MUST be removed to ensure the proper functionality of your ducts.
If you find mould growing inside or outside the surface of the ducts, a thorough moisture issue investigation needs to be quickly carried out to prevent any further complications. It is essential that you do not try to tackle mould in or out of the system yourself, but instead let the professionals do it on your behalf.
Clean The Duct Yourself Or Not
If dust, debris, pollens or moulds have accumulated to the point where they are clogging air ducts, collecting on dampers, joints and screws, then it is most certainly time to get those ducts PROFESSIONALLY cleaned. If you fail to do so the air flow will get restricted, affecting its efficiency in the long run and potentially causing premature failure of the whole system.