At Razor Heating & Air Conditioning, the primary focus is to provide Saskatoon and surrounding area customers with quality work, prompt service and innovative real world solutions to everyday mechanical and home comfort issues.
Whether it be an upgrade or repair to your current home, or mechanical needs of a new home Razor Heating and Air are the people to turn to for all your Air Conditioning, Heating and Indoor Air Quality needs. Their real-world, on-the-job trained employees have the industry experience and know-how to look past the rough edges of renovation or construction. The professionals at Razor strive to bring you quality products and services with a budget-minded solution.
Here are TEN things you didn't know about air conditioning.
Nobody expects your ears to perk up when overhearing a conversation about air conditioning. As far as most homeowners are concerned, as long as they’re cool when they need to be and warm when they need to be, what else is there to care about? So, this goes out to everyone politely stifling a yawn when their HVAC technician starts explaining the ins and outs of their air conditioning unit. Air conditioning can be interesting!
To prove it, here are our Top 10 Fun Facts About Air Conditioning.
1. Forget comfort - the first air conditioner, designed by Willis Carrier in 1902, was designed to control the humidity in a New York publishing house. Its effects helped ink to dry faster and smudge free, as well as keeping the paper from expanding and contracting.
2. Do you love catching a summer blockbuster at the movie theatre? You can thank air conditioning. Moviemakers released their big pictures during the summer because people sought out the air-conditioned buildings to escape the heat.
3. Air conditioning makes springtime bearable. Allergy sufferers and asthmatics can thank air conditioning for providing them with clean, filtered air indoors.
4. All those “40 is the new 20” people can thank AC for prolonged life expectancy and the world changing advances in medicine. Without cool, controllable environments, certain medicines could never have been created and certain illnesses could never have been cured.
5. You wouldn’t be reading this article if it weren’t for air conditioning. That’s right, you can thank AC for the development of computer technology and manufacturing.