Discover the importance of choosing the service that's right for you
Keeping your pet healthy is the #1 priority of Frontier Veterinary Clinic Saskatoon. Initially Frontier offered Saskatoon pet owners an affordable dog & cat spay and neuter solution, now they offer full veterinary services. Dr. Teresa Cook and her team are not only caring and compassionate, but they show continued dedication to the cause where they continue to offer an affordable solution to pet care, in this full service Saskatoon vet clinic.
From the first joyous experiences of a new puppy or kitten, to the final loving moments with a beloved senior pet, they are with you every step of the way.
Frontier Veterinary Services are your Trusted Saskatoon Vet's
Trusted Saskatoon Veterinary experts from Frontier Veterinary Clinic tip on pet food from their
Trusted Saskatoon Veterinary blog:
Our veterinary team has experience and additional training in pet nutrition. Dr Cook has received her Bachelor of Science in Animal Nutrition. Pet health based on diet is a complex and evolving piece of your pet’s health. Veterinary-grade diets have been tested and proven through exhaustive clinical studies to ensure the best product for your pet’s particular requirements.
Proper pet nutrition is an important component to your pet’s health care. Regular wellness visits, vaccinations, and proper nutrition play a key role in keeping your canine or feline happy and healthy. That’s why Frontier Veterinary Services provides veterinary-grade diets from trusted companies.
We offer a variety of pet food options for both canines and felines. Proper nutrition benefits your pet in many ways including:
- Coat health
- Digestion and elimination
- Muscle tone
- Immunity and disease prevention
- Bones and joints
- Growth diets for puppies and kittens
There are many pet food companies and options available, and we understand how difficult it can be to select the proper food for your pet. Based on your pet’s wellness exam, we can provide recommendations to assist you.
There are many factors to consider when selecting the best nutritional formula such as:
- Bladder health
- Digestive health
- Skin and coat health
- Joint health
- Oral health
- Thyroid health
We are pleased to partner with you on your pet’s nutrition. Our veterinary team can provide additional information and assistance with any questions you may have such as:
- Food rotation
- Switching your pet to a new food
- Dietary supplement information
- Optimal feeding schedule and quantity
- Strategies for feeding multiple pets with different dietary needs
Please contact us to schedule an appointment or to discuss any questions you may have regarding your pet’s nutritional needs.
Frontier are Trusted Saskatoon Vets!
Reed Security believes when you become a client you will be entering into a relationship – one they want to grow and become long term...they work hard to meet all your Saskatoon Alarm & security needs from day one!
REED SECURITY are Trusted and they are recipients of 2 x 2012 SABEX AWARDS - these Saskatoon Chamber of Commerce awards recognize excellence in business.
Trusted Saskatoon Security expert from Reed Sucurity tip on Theft
from their Trusted Saskatoon Security Blog
Can you outsmart a Thief?
All About Theft
- 66% of break-in's are forced entry and forced entry attempts
- 34% of break-in's are unlawful entry (without force)
- In 2014, Saskatchewan had 8506 break-in's (164/week)
- Break-in's occur in all areas of the City - not just the "bad areas"
- Most Home break-in's occur when you are at work or travelling (daytime)
- Most Business break-in's occur when you are at home (evening and weekends)
- Cabin's and Lake properties are especially attractive
- 98% of break-in's occur though main floor doors and windows (often unlocked)
- Thieves target the Master Bedroom
- Thieves steal:
- Cash and Credit Cards
- Jewelry Designer clothes and sunglasses
- Electronics such as TV's, Stereos, Computers, Video Game systems, Smartphones and Tablets
- Sporting Goods
- Cars and Trucks or the contents in them
- Building Materials Alcohol and Prescription drugs
- Your Identity
How to Prevent Theft
- Use Common Sense
- If you lose a key, get the locks changed.
- Ask all strangers for identification.
- Never hide an extra key outdoor - especially underneath a mat or on top of a light fixture. This is the first place the bad guys look. Leave an extra house key with a friend or a neighbor.
- DO NOT advertise on Facebook or other social media that you are on vacation. If you want to post photos, then do it when you get home.
- For insurance purposes take photos of the contents of your home.
- Keep all receipts in a safe and easy to find location.
- Write down the model and serial number of all electronics.
- Make it Difficult
- Door chains are easy to bypass.
- Install deadbolts. Install a stopper or stick on all sliding doors and windows.
- Install window bars on all basement windows.
- Make sure all doors and windows are properly locked.
- Keep your premises well lit at night.
- Install timers that turn lights on at different times. This gives the appearance that someone is home.
- Install a monitored Home Security system
- 400% less likely to have a break-in.
- up to 25% insurance discount.
- optional ALARM.COM with automatic lights.
- In case you do have a break-in:
- If it looks like a door or window was forced open, DO NOT go inside. The Burglar may still be on site.
- Call the Police from your cellular phone or from a neighbor's house and wait.
A family company based in Saskatoon Suncatcher Solar Systems has been supplying and installing solar energy systems since 2003; they are Saskatoon's most established solar provider. Their team designs, supplies and installs solar power systems and designs passive solar homes.
They live what they sell, starting with their own solar home which was built in 2004. Their home, an off-grid wind and solar powered living lab, was designed by owner and engineer Angie Ortlepp.
Suncatcher Solar Systems are your Trusted Saskatoon Solar Panel Experts
Trusted Saskatoon Solar power experts from Suncather Solar Systems tip on Solar Panels and Hail
from their Suncatcher Solar blog:
Solar Panels and Hail:
Everyone who has talked to us at Suncatcher Solar about solar panels invariably asks about hail. It’s an understandable question. Canada, especially around Saskatoon, and the rest of Saskatchewan can’t go a year without hail of some sort. These panels are supposed to last a long time, and the majority of the front face is glass. Glass that is going to be outside, with no cover or protection above it. Hail can cause a lot of damage, it can ruin entire crops, total off vehicles, and destroy siding and shingles.
What makes solar panels any different? Well for one, solar panels are built to last. They use tempered glass instead of plastics or regular plate glass. Tempered glass is much more resistant to impacts than regular glass. It’s able to with stand impacts at twice the speed that would break regular glass. If you know your physics (F=mv2), this translates into being four times as tough.
How tough are solar panels? Watch the video above of a solar panel taking a direct hit from a ball of ice the size of a billiard ball at 120 kph.
Hail isn’t as perfectly spherical or solid as what is shown in the video. It’s loosely held together, has many weak points and a lot of air trapped inside. Also, panels are rarely mounted in such a way that they would take a direct perpendicular impact from hail. Hail impacts will generally be at an angle, sometimes as much as 45 degrees – that’s more of a glancing blow than an impact. The one weakness of tempered glass is its edges. Impacts here can cause the entire sheet to shatter. This is why solar panels also have an aluminum frame. Aluminum keeps the weight down, provides corrosion free protection for the edges of the tempered glass and is a convenient mounting surface to secure the panels. Solar panels will last just as long if not longer than any other feature on the outside of your home.
Come hail, wind, rain or snow – solar panels do their job.
Suncatcher Solar are your TRUSTED SASKATOON SOLAR PANEL EXPERTS!