Prairie Laser Ink and Toner are a locally owned and operated family run business in Saskatoon. Owner/operator Anton Schouten and his daughter Maya Schouten have been running the business for over 17 years. They are truly your printer, inkjet cartridge and laserjet toner guru’s in Saskatoon! Prairie Laser Ink and Toner are Trusted Saskatoon Printer Ink & toner suppliers and you can find them in our Saskatoon Computer Category.
Printers and cartridges can really range in price. So how can you tell if you are getting a good deal? Let the experts explain in this article: There are a few things to look for.
1. Cost of the printer – If the printer is under $100, it is almost a guarantee your ink cartridges will be pricey. Lots of printer companies put out cheap printers at a loss only to recoup their losses “hand over fist” with their expensive inkjet cartridges.
2. Cost of the ink – Most printers have their ink or toner number on the outside of the box. Research the price of the cartridge(s) and how many pages’ maximum it is rated for. Keep in mind page rating are based on a maximum yield, not on an average yield. Look for a printer that has a reliable generic cartridge to reduce your cost of printing.
3. Tri-color VS Tank cartridges – There are two main designs of inkjet printers. One has all colors locked into one cartridge, the other has each color separate. Traditionally, the individual tanks with each color separated tend to be more affordable and produce a better quality print.
There are many factors that go into choosing the right printer. Contact the experts at Prairie Laser if you need help selecting your new printer!
Prairie Laser Ink and Toner are Trusted Saskatoon Printer Ink & toner suppliers and you can find them in our Saskatoon Computer Category.
Choosing A Printer?
Have you ever walked into an electronic/office supply store to be greeted by aisles and aisles of printers? Most people have. How can you identify the good quality from the poor quality, and how can you locate the most economical printer?
Follow these steps to make your shopping trip easier.
1. Identify the main purpose for your printer. Paperwork or high-quality color printing?
If it is paperwork, you could go for a laserjet printer (either monochrome or color). If you are wanting to do some color or photos, a high-quality color inkjet is for you.
2. Do require color printing? If you don't need color, definitely look at a monochrome laserjet printer. You can select features such as scanning, copying, and faxing within the laserjet family.
3. What is the cost per page?
To find this, you take the cost of the cartridges and divide them by their approximate page rating. This will give you a rough idea of what printer has an economical cartridge versus one that is not economical. Typically we say under $0.04 per print is economic for monochrome, and under $0.15 for color prints is economic (add both the black and color cartridges together and divide by the total page rating). Look at our Fuzion ink and toner cartridges to save money on your ink supplies.
4. Choose your extra functions!
Select the functions and features you want for your printer. Some models are wireless, others are not. Do you want it to work with a phone or tablet? Make sure it is Airprint ready. Do you want it to double side automatically? Look for duplexing. Keep in mind, certain features cost more than others, so keep those features in mind when you look at the price of the printer.
5. You get what you pay for.
Have you ever seen those smoking deals for printers at $49.95 at a department store? Buyer beware! These printers are often "cash cows" where the ink cartridges cost more than DOUBLE the cost of the printer. In addition, the ink that comes with any printer is only a sample. This means the starter cartridges are only 20% or so full. Don't be fooled by the cheap price tag, you may end up paying $80.00 to print only 200 pages... ($0.40 per page. WAY too much!).
If you have questions about what method of printing to choose and can't decide, contact us at anytime! We are here to help!
Prairie Laser Ink and Toner are your Trusted Saskatoon printer ink and toner suppliers- check out their listing for more rave reviews!
When it comes to business communications services, Minuteman Press of Saskatoon can do it all. With a complete range of products and services at your disposal, they can help you get your message out to customers, employees and vendors alike. Using the latest printing and document management technology, they handle your projects from start to finish. Their energetic and experienced team are dedicated to delivering what you need when you need it. Minuteman Press is your Trusted Saskatoon Printers
Minuteman Press your Trusted Saskatoon Printing team share a happy bride's review:
Often people try to print their invitations on their own and then end up unhappy with the results. Choose Minuteman Press Saskatoon first and save yourself the disappointment! Minuteman Press Saskatoon are your Trusted Saskatoon Printing Experts!
"I was very impressed with Minuteman Press Saskatoon. They were very quick to develop and print the items for our wedding when I had a short time frame.
The quality and advice was excellent and I will be using them over and over again.
I had them print all of the stationary for my wedding which included: invites, signature drink sheets, seating chart and menus. They also were quick to print my thank you cards afterwards.
I highly recommend them! " Sharai Sim, Saskatoon