Trusted Tips and Resources

Trusted Tips & Resources

Trusted Saskatoon Air Quality Experts share a tip on Carbon Monoxide Poisoning

Tip on Carbon Monoxide Poisoning: 

Also called: CO poisoning

Carbon monoxide (CO) is a gas that has no odour or color. CO is very dangerous. It can cause sudden illness and death. CO is found in combustion fumes, such as those made by cars and trucks, lanterns, stoves, gas ranges and heating systems. CO from these fumes can build up in places that don’t have a good flow of fresh air. People can be poisoned by breathing in CO. The most common symptoms of CO poisoning are:

  • Confusion
  • Dizziness
  • Vomiting
  • Nausea
  • Weakness
  • Chest pain
  • Headache


It is typically difficult to tell if someone has CO poisoning, since the symptoms may be like those of other illnesses. People who are sleeping or intoxicated can die from CO poisoning before they have symptoms. A CO detector can warn you if you have high levels of CO in your home.


Trusted Saskatoon Air Quality Experts share a tip on Household Products


great tip on Household Products: 

You’d like to think your home or office is a safe place. Yet most people’s homes are filled with potentially dangerous substances. These include oven and drain cleaners, laundry powder, floor polish, paint and pesticides. Even arts and crafts supplies and yard care products can be hazardous.

Several household products can harm children, pets and the environment if not used and stored correctly. Toxic substances in these products can cause harm if inhaled, swallowed or absorbed through the skin. People respond to toxic substances in different ways. At high doses a toxic substance might cause birth defects or other serious problems, including brain damage or death.

To avoid these problems, keep products in the containers they come in and use them exactly as the label describes. Seek medical help if you swallow, inhale or get products on your skin.







Trusted Saskatoon Air Quality Experts share a tip on lead poisoning


Here they provide a tip on lead poisoning:

Lead is a metal that occurs naturally in the earth’s crust. People have spread it through the environment in many ways. Lead used to be in paint and gasoline. Lead can still be found in contaminated soil, household dust, drinking water, lead-glazed pottery and some metal jewellery.

Breathing air, drinking water, eating food or swallowing or touching dirt that contains lead can cause many health concerns. Lead can increase blood pressure in adults and cause infertility, nerve disorders and muscle and joint pain. It can also make you irritable and affect your ability to concentrate and remember.

Lead is especially dangerous for children. A child who swallows large amounts of lead may develop anemia, severe stomach-ache, muscle weakness and even brain damage. Low levels of lead are linked to lower IQ scores.



Trusted Saskatoon Air Quality Experts share another great tip...How is your Air Quality?


How is your Air Quality?

There are numerous benefits to having an environmental assessment done to your home. A certified Canadian Indoor Air Quality Investigator will come in and do a complete walk through of your home, going over all aspects of your indoor environment. A CIAQI expert will look at everything, even the venting that comes into your home – to ensure it is adequate and that it’s providing enough fresh air into your home. Our detailed investigations are always documented and we provide a detailed report which speaks to the environmental conditions in your home such as temperature, humidity, mold/mould spore count and much more. 

If and when air sampling is required, CIAQI offers the ability to do a wide range of air sampling – there is hardly anything we can’t sample. If we find that you home requires more ventilation or fresh air, we offer consulting services. Having documented the upgrades required to your home, CIAQI will guide you through your improvement project and help you find a qualified contractor. If Mold/Mould remediation or asbestos abatement is required, we can also offer our consulting services as we have many years of mold/mould remediation experience and have access to Saskatchewan’s best remediation and restoration contractors. 





Trusted Saskatoon Air Quality Experts share a tip on Top 10 Things to Consider


Top 10 Things to Consider:

If you answer “yes” to any of the questions below, you have an increased likelihood of having some type of contaminants within your home or office that should be dealt with by a professional.

1. Was your home built prior to 1978 and you are planning to remove the popcorn ceiling or vinyl flooring? 


2. Do you have young children, live in a home built prior to 1978 and have sash windows or peeling paint?   

3. Do you have a moldy or musty odour in your home, office or on some of your clothing?


4. Did your allergy or asthma symptoms first develop when you moved into a new home or office?   

5. Do your health problems improve when you leave your home or office?


6. Do you live or work very close to power lines or cell phone antenna sites?

7. Does your sprinkler overspray hit the stucco of your home or office on a consistent basis? 


8. Do you have water intrusion into your home or office when it rains?

9. Do you see visible mold growth inside your home or office? 


10. Do you notice an unusual odour in your home or office upon return after having been away for a number of days?

If you answered yes to one or more of the questions above, we encourage you to contact an indoor environmental testing expert so they may conduct a survey of your home or office. 




Previous Posts


S & E Trusted Online Directories Inc
129 21st St E #400
Saskatoon, SK   S7K 0B2
Ph: 306.244.4150


App Store Google Play
Follow us on Facebook Linked In Twitter YouTube RSS Feed
Website hosting by Insight Hosting