Fresh Living is a Saskatoon maid service that is incorporated, bonded and insured, as well, all employees have passed a criminal record check. They strive to create clean, positive, uplifting environments that you can enjoy and feel proud to live in. Stop wasting your most valuable possession – TIME – and contact Fresh Living today!
Fresh Living are your TRUSTED SASKATOON RESIDENTIAL CLEANING SERVICE
Let’s face it. Nobody actually LIKES cleaning. It’s just something that needs to be done to keep our places from becoming dirty and looking like something on an episode of Hoarders.
So how do we make everyone’s least favorite chores a little more fun?
Well, I’ll tell you!
1) Get a friend to help you Cleaning can be quite time consuming and overwhelming if you’re doing it alone. As the old adage goes, the more the merrier…right? So maybe a friend won’t actually help, but a spouse, partner, roommate, or kids are great resources. Divide tasks evenly so everyone knows what to do and will avoid getting in each other’s way. When all hands are on deck, the job will get done quicker. Sure, there may be an IOU for their efforts, but do you really want to spend your Saturday cleaning house alone? I didn’t think so.
2) Rock out with your broom out I’m a huge advocate for playing music to get just about anything done. Something about a catchy tune helps me get work done more efficiently. But when it comes to cleaning, I find it especially effective. There’s nothing like dancing around a room, blasting Madonna, and making your vacuum your newest dance partner. Not to mention singing along and working to a beat makes it a little more entertaining than working in complete silence.
3) Come on downnnn…to the Clean is Right! If you have someone willing to help you clean, make it fun. Challenge roommates or siblings to see who can clean their room faster. Use a garbage bin as a hoop to toss garbage into. Or you can play ‘What’s Missing’- clean an area and see if someone can guess what’s missing that was there before. Games can be effective to teach young kids how to clean while making it a fun experience, as opposed to a chore. Set a timer and challenge them to pick up as much as they can in a designated time. Be creative…the possibilities are endless! ________________________________________
4) Shape up while you clean up Why not take advantage of the opportunity to get 2 birds with 1 stone? For those of you who love to exercise, or for the ones that can’t get enough time in the day to do it, cleaning can help. Put on your favourite tunes, preferably something with a fast beat, to help you pick up your pace. Tighten your abs and stretch to reach extra-high areas. Making big movements, like doing big circles when cleaning a shower door, will help those arm muscles. Start lunging while vacuuming and it won’t just be your house that’s in tip top shape!
5) Break Time To avoid feeling overwhelmed (especially if your house looks anything like mine), take breaks as you clean. Set a timer for 10-15 minutes and rest for a minute or two, drink something or have a snack. Many people tend to get less and less motivated while cleaning so try eating a favorite food, dress up funky, or pretend to be someone else to keep yourself from getting bored or tired and stopping.
6) Get someone else to do it The most fun way to clean is by not cleaning at all! If you’ve got way too much on the go or just don’t want to waste precious down time on cleaning, hire in the professionals. It will free up your social calendar so you can enjoy your free time but just be mindful that it will cost you. If money is an issue, look to do professional cleans on an occasional basis and mindfully manage your space in between.
You’ll notice it’s easier to clean in small doses on a daily basis than a big overhaul at the end of the week.