Keeping your pet healthy is the #1 priority of VCA Frontier Animal Hospital
Saskatoon. VCA Frontier Animal Hospital offers Saskatoon pet owners an affordable dog & cat spay and neuter solution and full veterinary services. Their team are not only caring and compassionate, but they show continued dedication to the cause where they continue to offer an affordable solution to pet care, in this full service Saskatoon vet clinic. From the first joyous experiences of a new puppy or kitten, to the final loving moments with a beloved senior pet, they are with you every step of the way.
Spaying and Neutering your pet has numerous positive effects!
Here are just a few:
1) By spaying your female pets, especially before their first heat cycle, it decreases the risk of uterine infections and mammary tumors.
2) For males it significantly reduces the risk of testicular cancer and prostate issues.
3) Reduces the urge to roam to find a mate when the sexual hormones are reduced. Which reduced the chance of pets becoming lost or injured while outdoors, because they tend to stay closer to home.
4) Females will not go into heat; which can leave a mess around your home, or your female cats to be extremely vocal.
5) Males will be better behaved by not "marking their territory" and become more human family orientated. It reduces the testosterone which can help with dominance and territory aggression issues as well.
6) It is highly cost effective compared to the cost of having and caring for a litter of babies.
7) Spaying and Neutering helps the pet overpopulation problem. Which in turn reduced the number of unwanted and stray pets. Strays can have an effect on the community by destroying local fauna, pray on wildlife and cause traffic accidents.
A common myth you hear about spaying and neutering are that your pet will become overweight. It is true that by altering them they do have a slower metabolism and are less likely to roam, but by watching their food intake and exercising regularly you can control their weight gain quite easily.