5 Tips on Making the most out of the RV Season:
The camping season is here, and in Saskatchewan there is a limited amount of time to take advantage of it. Here is a list of 5 tips to make the most of your camping season.
1) Be respectful of those around you. Don’t infringe on anyone else’s territory physically, or audibly. Make sure you know the boarders of your camp site and stick to them. In a camp site sound can carry easily, keep music and other noise to an appropriate level, especially at night.
2) The early bird catches the worm, so arrive with plenty of time to set up your space. This means well before sundown so you can get a lay of the land and set up before nightfall.
3) You can keep your electronics charged, radio playing and your slow cookers heated with a portable generator. However, there are some safety considerations to be aware of when using a generator. Generator engine exhaust contains carbon monoxide, a poisonous gas that can be deadly. Operate the portable generator outside with its exhaust pointed away far from occupied areas. Fuel is flammable so never refuel a hot or running generator. Do not operate a generator in rain or wet weather.
4) When being exposed to the elements take extra safety precautions. Protect yourself with sunscreen, a hat, sunglasses and bug spray. Pack plenty of drinking water and stay hydrated even when the weather cools.
5) Prepare for unforeseeable events, such as injuries and illness with a basic first aid kit. Before you leave for your trip, do an inventory to assure your kit is well stocked and medications are current.