Trusted Saskatoon Auto Body Experts
Here they share a tip on Deductible Payment Plan:
You can use the Deductible Payment Plan to finance your deductible over a period of 10 months
We understand that coming up with the deductible can sometimes be tough on your budget.
It doesn't matter how your vehicle was damaged - collision, vandalism, hail or theft - if you have a deductible to pay, and you're eligible, you can access the plan.
You're eligible for the plan if your personal vehicle is both:
- registered in the LV or F classes
- covered by basic licence plate insurance
You're not eligible for the plan if:
- You have an auto extension policy (package policy) that lowers your deductible; and/or
- You owe money to SGI or have a recovery file with our Central Recovery Unit.
Getting signed up
When you first report your claim to SGI, your adjuster will go over the program with you and let you know if you're eligible.
When you take your vehicle to SGI to be appraised, you'll get an application form to fill out. You can do 1 of 2 things:
- You can fill out the form at that time and attach a void cheque.
- You can give the completed form and void cheque to the autobody shop of your choice when you take your vehicle to be repaired.
Your payments will start once your vehicle is fixed.
When you pick up your repaired vehicle, you must pay the autobody shop a down payment of $100.
For the balance of the deductible, a payment will be automatically deducted from your bank account over a period of 10 months. There is no interest charged, but a one-time administration fee of $30 will be charged with your first payment under the plan.
Maximum number of claims under the plan
You're allowed up to 3 claims through the plan at a time, as long as your account with SGI is in good standing on previous claims.