Trusted Tips and Resources

Trusted Tips & Resources

Trusted Saskatoon Air Quality Experts share a tip on Carbon Monoxide Poisoning

Tip on Carbon Monoxide Poisoning: 

Also called: CO poisoning

Carbon monoxide (CO) is a gas that has no odour or color. CO is very dangerous. It can cause sudden illness and death. CO is found in combustion fumes, such as those made by cars and trucks, lanterns, stoves, gas ranges and heating systems. CO from these fumes can build up in places that don’t have a good flow of fresh air. People can be poisoned by breathing in CO. The most common symptoms of CO poisoning are:

  • Confusion
  • Dizziness
  • Vomiting
  • Nausea
  • Weakness
  • Chest pain
  • Headache

  

It is typically difficult to tell if someone has CO poisoning, since the symptoms may be like those of other illnesses. People who are sleeping or intoxicated can die from CO poisoning before they have symptoms. A CO detector can warn you if you have high levels of CO in your home.

 

Comments are closed

Categories

Previous Posts

ADDRESS

S & E Trusted Online Directories Inc
TrustedSaskatoon.com
434 20th Street West
Saskatoon, SK   S7M 0X4
Ph: 306.244.4150

GET THE APP

App Store Google Play
Follow us on Facebook Linked In Google+ YouTube RSS Feed
Abex
Abex
Stevies
Sabex
NEYA
Website hosting by Insight Hosting