Carpet Cleaning Guys are a locally owned and operated business with over 30 years of experience in the industry. You can rest assured that you are hiring quality and expertise when you give “the Guys” a call! As they always say .."Professional Carpet Cleaning for Particular People" and the only Saskatoon Carpet Cleaners ' Given the Thumbs up' by Trusted Saskatoon! Here Hal McGinnis the owner shares his first Trusted Tip
Carpet Cleaning scams and how to avoid them
This article from Nanaimo Newspaper just last year highlights the kind of issues you can run into when you don’t choose a reputable Carpet Cleaner http://www.nanaimobulletin.com/news/128034368.html Also Carpet Cleaning is renowned For ‘ Bait and Switch’ scams…
Bait and switch scams work like this:
- A company advertises cleaning a roomful of carpets for a ridiculously low price ( you must have seen the small signs around the city on posts and walls?) . When they arrive, they inform you the price they quoted is only for the traffic lanes and doesn’t include any cleaning chemicals." That’s like taking a bath with no soap,". So you agree to pay extra for the chemicals because you are thankful someone showed up. In the end, the final bill ends up costing you hundreds of dollars.
- Another typical scam is hearing that a company will clean a set amount of rooms for a very low price (like 5 rooms for $49.00). After they begin, you discover a linen closet, hallway, foyer, or regular closet counts as a room, and you wind up paying a lot more than you thought you would. Bait-and-switch scams are especially targeted at the elderly. Seniors are more likely to be intimidated by high pressure tactics and by someone who "promises" to give them a good deal.
So how can you avoid a bait-and-switch scam?
The best protection against bait-and-switch is to ask some pointed questions before the cleaner arrives at your home.If the company cannot answer simple questions, move on to another company. Remember, if it sounds too good to be true, it probably is. Here are 10 questions you should ask:
1. Are you certified in carpet cleaning? If not, what type of formal training do you have?
2. How many years has your company been in business?" ( the longer, the better)
3. Can you provide a list of 10 references I can call?
4. Is your company drug, alcohol and criminal free? ( they may be in your home alone for some time...don't risk it!)
5. Can you provide proof of insurance and a business license?
6. What steps will be included in your cleaning process? Does your company use Green products? (Using cheap cleaning solutions that cause rapid re-soling, many chain, franchise and bait and switch cleaners use detergents that may be harmful to you, your family and your pets. Make sure the firm you choose can prove that they use cleaning solutions that are safe for you and the environment.)
7. How long will it take for the carpet to dry?
8. Do you offer free, no-obligation, on-site written quotations?
9. Do you offer a written, satisfaction or money back guarantee?
10. Are they a member of an agency or directory with standards that hokd them to account? (www.trustedsaskatoon.com for example- I would also check to see if they have any negative online reviews)
With these 10 steps you should save yourself alot of heartache!
Check out their Online reviews here or look over their very comprehensive listing under SASKATOON CLEANING SERVICES on the Saskatoon directory, they are your SASKATOON CARPET CLEANING experts!