Trusted Tip on RECRUITING Office Staff
How do I find the right Person?
PROBLEM: You’re hiring a new receptionist. There are 20 people working at your office and it’s an entry level position. There are 6 phone lines, lots of filing and mail that needs to be organized and distributed. The last person was great but she is moving out of the City. She’s given her two weeks notice and you need to find a replacement in a hurry. How do you advertise and find a quality person without spending a fortune?
There are many advertising locations you can use but which one is the best for you?
You need to determine the following:
1. How much of a budget do I have?
2. How much time do I have to sort through resumes and hold interviews?
3. How quick do I need someone?
4. How much notice has the previous person given? Do I want the old person to train the new person?
5. What qualifications do they need to be able to complete the duties as required?
Once you have the answers to these questions, you can begin your search for the perfect replacement!
There are many free resources you can use:
• Secondary Schools such as colleges will post jobs or post posters of your job for free
• post a job on your company website
• post a job in your local neighbourhood Post Office (if available)
• Don’t forget about word of mouth! Ask around for qualified employees!
Paid resources are endless.
- Advertising in the local newspapers,
- Recruitment ads on TV or radio.
These resources are also great but they depend on your budget. If you find you are strapped for time and don’t have the time to advertise or sift through the mountains of resumes you will get there are a few alternatives.
Hire an Employment Agency. They can help you find either a temporary worker or permanent worker depending on what your needs are. Make sure you have a signed contract that clearly states what the rate per hour is for the employee and what the rate is for having them find a person on your behalf.
Overwhelmed with this process?
We offer the following recruitment services:
• Advertising for new administration staff
• Short-listing the candidates we feel will be the best fit for your company
• Set up interviews according to your time schedule
• Be present during interviews
• Assess the potential candidates by testing their level of knowledge and skill sets.
• Establish pay scales for new employees based on their knowledge, experience and YOUR budget
• Write and forward rejection letters to unsuccessful candidates
• Do reference checks on potential candidates
Contact us today to set up an appointment to get help to find the right employee today!