Trusted Tip on Thermal Imaging
Infrared imaging cameras can be an important tool during a home inspection. infrared thermography (IRT) inspection service is also available to homeowners or commercial building owners who may be having trouble finding a problem with roof or basement leaks, energy efficiency issues, as well as a host of other solutions.
Thermographic inspection is a non-contact technology used to help identify potential building problems with little or no destructive testing.
A thermal imager can detect issues as outlined below:
- Locate air leakage around windows and doors Verify missing, damaged or incorrectly installed insulation
- Detect moisture intrusion (moisture damage & energy loss)
- Extend the life of roofs by locating and fixing leaks & determine heat loss problems (i.e. flat roof applications)
- Locate underfloor heating pipework & leakage
- Locate damaged or unsealed components in HVAC systems Locate electrical hot spots (i.e. caused by loosely secured wiring connections or faulty equipment)
- Locate mechanical system issues (steam traps, radiators, valve integrity, bearing temperatures, pumps & motors